/

/

Saturday 28 April 2012

About me

Never bothered of doing anything to my “About me” section on social networking sites; but maybe I should try once. Here goes:

I treasure a lot the value of self-reflection. I evaluate on myself from time to time: mind, body, emotions. I do not believe in the idea of simply having the experience can contribute to your personal growth. This also comes to the reason of why I started blogging. This has eventually made me come to love philosophy, too.

I love the sudden feeling of being inspired. After a while, I feel that I am being unfolded, not newly in a way, but more and deeper every time, by my thoughts and understanding in mind through every beginning and end of experiences. It makes myself become more assure of my existence and place in this world and it presents a more positive and logical sense of life. I am still trying to lift the veil of life and I am seeing more of it in my heart, feeling it.

The worst part of me is that sometimes I care a lot about how people think of me. I think deeply in every aspect of circumstances or situation before I take an action. I envy people who do not base their identity on others’ judgment of us and that they can follow their heart effortlessly, just intuitively and freely being. Be confident and have faith in myself are something that I always fail to do. Here goes a quote by J. C. Watts that I always find it very true –

‘Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It's not hard. Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking.’

So yeah, in most of the time, I am only me when I am with myself.

I also have a less serious side, though. I believe in hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. I always get stunning ideas while doing routine chores, but I often just keep them running wild in my head. I truly appreciate people with a good sense of humour and wit, which they rarely say what exactly they mean and offending others, but making people get the messages they imply. Despite the fact that I have a strong desire of being special and uncommon, I am also, at the same time, the kind of person who is good at imitating actions, good and bad. Well, of course I can differentiate between the both and control myself sticking on the good side (hmm, sometimes).

I am an Asian and English is not my first language. Writing and reading are my indulgences. In some times, you may find my posts depressing and upsetting, but they are not designed to do that, I only want to show my feelings and thoughts - my fantasy. I think I have always spent too much time on the Internet. I often regret it after I find out I still got work left unfinished on my study desk, but will repeat the same action the other day. I love sharpening pencil and drawing straight lines with rulers. The smell of books from the school library always makes me feel good. I do not have a favourite celebrity, at the moment. I used to know a little Japanese but I almost forgot them all after not having lessons for a while. I am a true blue romantic at heart who will give more than I ought to to the right person. I refuse to yell at my significant other or being yelled at.

I think this is pretty much it (my apologies for the randomness above) and I should end now as I have a feeling this list will be an eternal work-in-progress. I am pretty shocked that I have revealed so much about myself because I do not consider myself as a chatty person in real life. I am thrilled and amazed that you have come to this far and tried to care about the thoughts of a stranger in your life. Thank you! I hope this will be a place where you can find your own voice in mine, if not -

Pardon my insensate rambling x

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for following me. I liked post one. I like your emphasis on writing. I look forward to learning more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed by how you were willing to read the writings of a stranger! You comment is so encouraging for a new blogger like me. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Ramble on, my dear. It's your story, let it unfold. And thank you for the "Wisdom" that you left me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your comment just allows me to experience the interactions between bloggers and I love it! I always find your articles so inspiring and would like to continue to know more about the places you have visited.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Joel
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete