/

/

Friday 27 April 2012

Post One

About three months ago, I met this girl through a common friend. She caught my attention at the very beginning as her English is excellent. She is an Asian yet speaks like a native English person. Eventually, I became more interested in her and discovered her Google blog while I was checking out her Facebook page (just to keep her user name secret for the time being). She writes about mundane aspects of life. Many of her entries also include her feelings, beliefs and things happened around her. Her blog is much like a personal blog; nothing commercial, nothing political. It is just about her.

As I see it, she has been writing for almost two years and her blog has been building reputation as it gains significant traffic from different parts of the world.  Later, I became amazed by her desirable content on her blog and have become a loyal fan of her terrific writing, too. At the same time, I remained curious about how a friend of mine, about the same age as me, can attract, and retain, quality readers to her blog. 

To me, a personal blog always seems like: People click into your site by chance, scan your entries once and won't return. It is hard to get right to readers. I mean, why would people be interested in a stranger's life when one's already so complicated? Yours must be exceptionally inspirational and unique if you get viewers coming back again after their initial visits. Popular blogs, like my friend's, give people a reason to return. People yearn for more of your posts and get enthusiastic about your content. Readers' anticipation become nearly an unquenchable thirst. I then thought that maybe I should start sharing my thoughts, too.

In risk of sounding cliché, I love inspiring people, as much as I love being inspired. I have a lot of ideas but often keep them locked in mind. Starting a blog enables me to share my thoughts and express my feelings. The interaction between readers and I (if I am ever going to have any readers) would be amazing because that implies that my words have built an instant connection among people.

I tried to create a more special domain name but apparently, it failed. Classywoody. Classy is nothing but one of my favourite word, while Woody is my best-loved cartoon character from Toy Story. And as for the blog title - 'Pardon my insensate rambling', again, it is just a random phrase I found in an article; But I believe the title itself does, more or less, suggest the intent of this blog.

I realize that writing constantly is a high-resistance activity, especially when there are so many temptations nowadays.We have all got plenty of excuses to avoid it. But I wish I can keep up the habit and update my blog as frequent as possible.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment